Committed to Helping Our Clients Succeed

Do you need a Immigration Lawyer who could help you deal with your Visa matters?

1A Grindlay Street Court, Edinburgh, EH1 9AR

Professional and Experienced Immigration Solicitors

Immigration Law first as paralegal gains Law Society accreditation

An Edinburgh-based paralegal is the first to be awarded the Law Society of Scotland’s Accredited Paralegal status specialising in Immigration Law.

Lily Li Pryde, a paralegal with John Pryde & Co SSC, Edinburgh, received the accreditation earlier this month. Successful applicants must demonstrate detailed knowledge of processes, legislation and official guidance around visa, nationality and other immigration-related matters.

Convener of the Accredited Paralegal Committee, Karen Leslie, said: “Congratulations to Lily Li Pryde on becoming our first paralegal accredited in Immigration Law. I’m sure she will be the first of many given the demand for expertise in what’s a complex legal area.

“Lily is a great example of why we’ve added this specialist area to our programme. This accreditation gives recognition for her skills, knowledge and experience and demonstrates that expertise to current and prospective clients as well as the wider legal profession.

“Immigration Law is an ever-changing area of practice, as has been highlighted by the Illegal Migration Bill that is currently being considered by the UK Parliament. The accreditation makes it clear to clients who’s best placed to help them navigate that complexity.”

Lily Li Pryde said: “I’m delighted to be the first paralegal accredited in immigration law by the Law Society. Having worked in immigration law for 12 years, it’s great to have the opportunity to be recognised for my experience in the field. I am now able to promote myself as a professional in Immigration Law which not only enhances my status but also gives some clarity of my position to our clients.”

20 Years of Experience
High Successful Rate
Excellent Track Record
Unparalleled Customer Service

Our Practice Areas

Student and Graduate Visas

We deal with student visa for an international student to come to the UK to take a course of study at a a UK college or university. In addition, we help graduating, international students a two or three year visa immediately after graduation.

Marriage and Family Union

You could apply for leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK on the basis they are married to, or in a civil partnership, with a person present and settled in Britain. If you are outside the UK, you will have to apply for entry clearance for settlement to come in to the UK.

Settlement & British Citizenship

We assist a foreign national born outside of the UK becomes officially recognised as a British citizen, including British registration for children.

Further Leave to Remain

If you currently have limited leave in the UK in Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-4 and Tier-5, we will help you to apply to extend your leave before your current leave expires.

Work Visa

We dealt with all types of work permits, general skilled workers. You may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) in the UK when you have been here for five years continuously and lawfully under the work visa categories.

What Our Clients Have to Say